13th March 2015
If you’re planning your wedding reception, no doubt you have considered a whole plethora of different types of venues and different locations. You have probably considered the size, the space, the feel and the price. But perhaps you may have overlooked one thing; does it operate as an exclusive hire wedding venue?
Why choose an exclusive wedding venue?
If you’re planning your wedding reception, no doubt you have considered a whole plethora of different types of venues and different locations. You have probably considered the size, the space, the feel and the price. But perhaps you may have overlooked one thing; does it operate as anexclusive hire wedding venue? Put simply, will the venue, for that day, be yours, or, will you be sharing it with another.
Many large venues (in particular hotels), by necessity have to host numerous functions at once. Whilst for some couples, this may not be a problem whatsoever, for others, it could be the source of major heartache/headache. There are differing levels of exclusive hire. At some venues, it will really be yours, at others which offer accommodation, unless you are able to book all of it, it may be just your wedding reception area that is exclusive.
Personally, I chose an exclusive use wedding venue, a small castle in north Wales, for my own wedding for the following reasons which of course were important to me:
- It was our ‘special day’! Only to occur once! Ever! (Still going strong after 5 years!) I wanted to be able to celebrate it as such with no distractions and a real sense that the day was about my wife and I.
- Leading on to wanting my wife to be the centre of attention! I didn’t want my wife to be competing with another bride visible across the terrace separated by a red rope!
- Great photographs! Exclusive use venues also offer a better opportunity for your photographer to take some great photos! I don’t know about you, but trying to look relaxed while being photographed is hard enough! – Let alone if you have on-lookers gawping and making comments.
- Having the privacy afforded by exclusive hire, I knew I would be me much more relaxed, my wife would be more relaxed and we would have more fun. I knew as a result the whole day much less stressful.
- Background Noise! As I said, I have experience of attending a good friends wedding, whereby they had “noisy-wedding-neighbours” whose music of choice – banging, and I mean BANGING House! Disaster.
- Hotels are great, but on your wedding day – their other guests whilst most are respectful, others, it’s sad to say, simply feel they have the right to gate crash your wedding and take advantage of your lovely evening feast! Yep it really does happen and can be disastrous!
- The exclusivity of an exclusive hire venue – just seems to add that little bit more luxury and elegance – which can only enhance your day
- More time and space! – When you have a venue all to yourself the feeling of having more space and time are somehow tangible. Everyone can feel it, lifting the whole wedding party’s mood.
- Better Service – Of course, if all eyes are on you, all the attentions of the venues teams, not just those serving you front of house – are on your wedding! The chef isn’t splitting his time and precious resources to cater for someone else’s wants and whims!
In short, choosing an exclusive hire wedding venues for your special day, is not always the primary reason why you should pick a venues, but I can often be a very large cherry on the top that can help you choose the one that is perfect for you.
Elegant Wedding Venues offers a number of exclusive use wedding venues in London and throughout the UK. You could consider Dartmouth House in Mayfair, Hedsor House, an award winning venue in Buckinghamshire, or Hever Castle in Kent.
Richard, Elegant Wedding Venues